Thursday, 14 November 2013

How to make me enjoy Shakespeare

Hello Lovelies,

When I was at school, I despised reading Shakespeare in English lessons. I always found it tricky to understand and it always seemed that the plays that were picked never appealed to me or are just to over used (i.e Romeo and Juliet)

However recently I have grown a small fan of one Shakespeare play in particular and that is Much Ado About Nothing.

source

The image can probably explain why I love this play so much at the moment... Who doesn't love David Tennant? Then add Catherine Tate (which if you put together you have the makings of one of the best Dr Who pairs ever!!)

Anyway onto the play itself, this version was in the west end I want to say a couple of years ago and it is something I wish I had seen live. It is the original Romcom, the main characters Benedick and Beatrice from the beginning do not get on but it is obvious to everyone else they are in love with each other.

I won't talk too much but I will tell you where you can watch it. There might be other places to find it but I picked it up on Digital Theatre (link).

Lots of Love,
C
xxx


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! I've been waning to watch this for a while. I love Much Ado, and Catherine and David are a winning team!

    ReplyDelete